1. Inspect your ROOF- Look around with a binocular to check for broken tiles, shingles or loose seams. If you have any doubt, hire a roof inspector. Better have the issues resolved way before El Nino comes knocking. If you need to upgrade or make improvement to your roof, set up appointments right away, as roofers are booked months in advance. You don't want to leave your biggest investment unprotected.
2. Clean downspouts and gutters- Remove debris and hose your gutter with water to make sure it flows freely.
D'Lam Design Receives 2014 Best of Chula Vista Award
Chula Vista Award Program Honors the Achievement
CHULA VISTA December 11, 2014 -- D'Lam Design has been selected for the 2014 Best of Chula Vista Award in the Drafting Service category by the Chula Vista Award Program.
10 Fall Home Maintenance Tips for Southern
your roof!Look for damaged, missing or loose shingles or tiles that may cause
leaks. Check all penetrations (vents, skylights, etc.) for proper sealing and
flashing. Remove all debris and trim back any foliage hanging over the roof.
- Check the heating systemto make sure it is in working order and replace
the air filter monthly.
- Have the chimney sweepedto prevent fires and
carbon monoxide from entering your home. Also, don’t forget to close the Damper
when a fire isn’t burning in the chimney.
The City of San Diego Development Services Department has announced that on JANUARY 1, 2014 the new 2013 Building Codes will go into effect.
The last day for D'Lam Design to submit your construction plans under the
2010 Building Codes will be DECEMBER 24, 2013.
For more information on the new 2013 Building Codes visit the California Building Standards Commission at www.bsc.ca.gov/.
5 EASY TIPS TO MAKE YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS GO GREEN
1. Update your building's lighting to make sure it uses energy efficiently.
Change existing light bulbs for compact fluorescent bulbs, which use up
to 75 percent less power. Put lights on a timer so they automatically
shut off at night or when you are away.
2. Make sure your building is well insulated, so you are not wasting energy
on heating or cooling. Start by checking that insulation is up to code,